Schemas and mixed content with Relax NG and W3C XML Schema

this is a question about schemas

I know that with DTDs, when a text is allowed with elements, the best we
can do is to allow it everywhere between other elements that can be
repeated at any place in the text :

<!ELEMENT p (#PCDATA|a|ul|b|i|em)*>

unfortunately, we can't enforce the text to be at a given place :

the following DTD is invalid, but explain what we'd like to have :
<!ELEMENT person (#PCDATA,firstname,lastname)>

I wonder if there are also similar limitations with Relax NG and W3C XML
Schema and why ?

              (. .)
|      Philippe Poulard       |
        Have the RefleX !