len

From: Michael Kay [mailto:mike@saxonica.com]

> It is common practice for programmers to name variables in
> numerous non-helpful ways, it is best practice to have a well
> thought out naming scheme that allows those who maintain code
> to know what a variable is to be used for, hopefully
> achievable by following the coding styles for their languages
> and organizations

My experience is that an intelligent programmer using their own common sense
will usually produce much more helpful variable names than a programmer who
is blindly following rules defined by some corporate style police.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.