Re: [xml-dev] Is "XML" an abbreviation or an acronym?

In article <48B3C3B0.9060900@softml.net> you write:

>How'bout SOAP in v1.2?  It is a pronounceable acronym in v1.1 but has
>been explicitly declared as a non-acronym in v1.2  (Ref:
>http://www.w3.org/TR/soap12-part1/   under Section 1. Introduction's
>"Note").

I think they mean it's not an abbreviation either.  They want you to
believe that it doesn't stand for "Simple Object Access Protocol".
They are not intending to address the distinction between
abbreviations and acronyms.

-- Richard