Re: [xml-dev] RE: Ten years after: what are the top 5 ?

Alexander Johannesen wrote:
> The last few years have seen some pretty good improvements, with
> more concise and practical RDF ontologies, so I think we're
> seeing acceleration of use that will have an important impact on
> the future of computing, for sure.

RDFizers and the Linked Data movement are indicative of that trend. A
variety of tools have emerged to assist the webmaster who wants to adopt
RDF. One of the ones I've used is Calais from Reuters, which is accessible
via a web service API. There are, for example, Firefox plug-ins that enable
you to see the RDF behind your HTML page.

Tim Berners-Lee is among those promoting the move from a web of linked
documents to a web of linked data. He gave a keynote that the recent
LinkedData Planet conference, which drew 250+ attendees.