Re: XML namespace URIs for IETF specifications (was RE: [APPS-REVIEW]Metalink XML Download Description Format (draft-bryan-metalink-01))

Brian Smith wrote:
> Dave Cridland wrote:
>> 1) I'm not mad keen on namespaces pointing to privately owned
>> domain names. You have a different one in the examples as is
>> specified in section 1.2, by the way.
>
> What namespace URI namespace should IETF specifications use?
> urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:<name>?
>
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3553
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3688

That's one possible choice.

Another one is to keep using HTTP URIs, but to move them to a more
neutral location (purl.org has been used in the past, so has www.w3.org).

BR, Julian