Re: [xml-dev] Re: Discover data patterns or Create data patterns?

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 8:36 AM, Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com> wrote:
>> I have used Java only occasionally and even that was many years ago.
>> Good support of generics is required for the inplementation
>> of a finger tree.
> Generics don't allow you to do anything that you can't do without them. They
> only allow you to do it in a way that is more strongly typed.

Thanks for the correction, I should have said:

" Good support of generics is required for an ellegant inplementation
of a finger tree."

Probably this is my own personal problem, but I find using the "
'object' type" ugly.

Anyway, an ugly implementation is still better than none at all.

Dimitre Novatchev
Never fight an inanimate object
you're doing is work or play