Re: [xml-dev] Partial update of server side XML documents

Thanks Manos for sharing your experience and insights.

An XML Db is not an option since the standard needs to support
relational persistence of the XML docs as well.
I am leaning towards your option 2.

What I am thinking is that the request will include a parameterize query
invocation (a regrep feature that is similar to stored query invocation
and does not expose query syntax) to select the objects to update. It
may also contain references to specific objects to update as another
element.

It will also contain an XPATH expression to select what attribute or
element is to be replaced. Finally it will contain a replacement for the
attribute value or element.

If multiple elements are matched by XPATH expression then that would be
a request error.

Thanks again.

--
Regards,