From: Jack Bush [mailto:netbeansfan@yahoo.com.au]
Sent: 08 October 2008 06:44
To: Michael Kay
Cc: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: Re: [xml-dev] How to display content of a collection list (XML) in separate line

Hi Michael,

Thanks for responding back to this question.

The following changes have been made to overcome this issue:

( i ) XPath.selectNodes(jdomDocument, "/html/body/div[@id='container']/div[@id='content']/p[11]/node()" );

( ii ) System.out.println(((org.jdom.Content)nearest_hotels_iterator.next()).getValue());

Below is the output from these change:

Nearest Parks:

Capital Hill (1.2km away)

Centenial Park (3.4km away)

Robertson Park (5.2km away)

I have been able to alleviate those blank newlines (possibly from <br />) with additional checks for no blank line prior to printing them out. Nevertheless, I am wondering whether there is a better way to do this in JDOM instead. In other word, I would like to get the following output:

Nearest Parks:

Capital Hill (1.2km away)

Centenial Park (3.4km away)

Robertson Park (5.2km away)

Apart from this minor cosmetic preference, this solution is working fine.

Thanks again,

Jack