Re: [xml-dev] How do specify in a XSD an element of type "String" with the restriction length of maximum 8 chars long?

----- Original Message From: "Fraser Goffin"
> How about :-
> <xs:element name="maxOf8chars">
>  <xs:simpleType>
>    <xs:restriction base="xs:string">
>      <xs:maxLength value="8"/>
>    </xs:restriction>
>  </xs:simpleType>
> </xs:element>
> 2008/10/20 Ben Stover <bxstover@yahoo.co.uk>:
>> Assume I create an XSD schema definition. How can I specify that a
>> certain
>> element should be of type=string AND this string should be at most 8
>> chars long?

In the hope that it's useful, our simple XML schema introduction covers such
things at:

(Just looking at it, the example to restrict an XML string to a minimum of 0
characters is a bit odd.  Potential for a revision there!)

Pete Cordell
Codalogic Ltd
Interface XML to C++ the easy way using XML C++
data binding to convert XSD schemas to C++ classes.
Visit http://www.codalogic.com/lmx/ for more info