[ANN] XML Prague 2009 Announcement and Call for Participation

XML Prague 2009 Announcement and Call for Participation

We are happy to announce XML Prague 2009, a conference on XML
for developers, markup geeks, information managers, and students.
In its 4th year, XML Prague focuses on emerging trends in core
XML technologies and their application in the real world.

The schedule is comprised of two days of expert talks along with
workshops and lightening talks.

To obtain more information or register please visit the website
http://www.xmlprague.cz.

If you have any questions please email us at info@xmlprague.cz.

Important Dates and Registration

Registration will open later on in the year.

 * Mid December 2008 - CFP due and registration starts
 * Mar 21-22 - the conference

Topics

The following topics will be confirmed in future announcements.

 * XML Authoring
 * Data Modeling/Definition and Schema Languages
 * XML Vocabularies
 * Generating and Transforming XML
 * Markup Failures

Speakers Confirmed to Attend

There are a number of speakers we are waiting on confirmation
for with the following already confirmed.

 * Ken G. Holman
 * Murata Makoto

Final speaker information and talk abstracts will be posted on
the website over the coming weeks and months.

Location

The conference is held in Prague, Czech Republic.

  Lesser Town Campus of Charles University
  Malostranské náměstí 25, Prague, Czech Republic

How to Participate

If you are planning to attend the conference and would be
interested in participating, please review the available options.

  * Lightening Talk: Submit a short 5 minutes presentation , 'poster'
style for general discussion.

  * Workshops: As we have limited resources please contact
us early to discuss the possibility of holding a workshop.

Please sanity check if what you would like to discuss or organize
falls into any of the topics previously described.

Submit your ideas to ideas@xmlprague.cz

Sponsorship and XML Tool vendors

To provide value for our audience we offer time and space to
both sponsors and vendors of applicable XML toolsets/software.

Please contact Petr Cimprich or James Fuller
at sponsorship@xmlprague.cz

XML Prague 2009 Organizing Committee

Petr Cimprich, Unity Mobile
Tomáš Kaiser, University of West Bohemia, Pilsen
Jaroslav Nešetřil, Charles University, Prague
James Fuller, http://www.flamedigital.com
Jirka Kosek, xmlguru.cz & University of Economics, Prague
Václav Trojan, Syntea
Mohamed Zergaoui, Innovimax
Pavel Kroh, Independent Consultant
Vit Janota, Ginger Alliance/U-Turn