[ANN] First release of XQSharp: XQuery for the .NET Framework

The XQSharp team are pleased to announce the first release of XQSharp.
XQSharp is a fast, schema-aware, standards compliant XQuery processor
built for the Microsoft .NET platform.  It has been developed by
Clinical & Biomedical Computing Ltd., a member of the W3C.

XQSharp 0.9 Technical Preview includes a command line processor which is
ideally suited to run ad-hoc queries against multiple files and is
completely free to download and use from http://www.xqsharp.com

XQSharp has been written entirely in C# and has been designed to adhere
closely to the .NET style guidelines.  Its API has been modelled closely
on the System.XML.XPath classes and operates on the IXPathNavigable
interface so fits in well with the rest of the framework classes.  We
aim to be releasing the API for free in the next release of the product.

In the longer term we aim to release a Microsoft Visual Studio plugin
allowing convenient editing and running of both ad-hoc and repeated-use
queries.

We also aim to add support for XSLT 2.0, and support for updating
documents with XQuery Update, whilst keeping the core of the product in
line with the latest XQuery specifications.

If you have any problems, queries, comments or feature requests, please
pay a visit to our forum at http://www.xqsharp.com/forum

Oliver Hallam
www.xqsharp.com