Re: [xml-dev] XML Schema: "Best used with the ______ tool"

> The best answer is to do everything using XML-based processing
> languages
> (XSLT and XQuery) rather than spending 75% of your programming effort
> converting your data between one type system and another.

When I first read Roger's post, the first thing I thought about was
XML Schema processors are fine.

But, XQuery processors differences is closer to the analogy of browser
wars. Not the W3 spec defined aspects, just the things that most
people use them for it seems. (I am thinking mostly of the XML
database vendor's approach to using XQuery as a webapp templating
language)

I wonder if anybody in the real world actually create cross processor
XQuery code.

-Rob