Re: [xml-dev] Feasibility of "do all application coding in the XML languages"?

each major xquery engine I have used (saxon, eXist, marklogic) has
such an extension and can be found in their documentation

here is an example in saxon

http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/extensions/functions/transform.html

u may find some of the techniques I have written about in XQuery here useful

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/edu/x-dw-x-advxquery.html

the generic treewalker for example could be modified to do either
breadth or depth first traversal.

gl, Jim Fuller