Re: [xml-dev] Feasibility of "do all application coding in the XML languages"?

Hi Kurt,
  Thanks for your thoughts.

I agree that declarative programming is the main style of programming
in web based applications, and for XML oriented tasks.

But even in web based applications (say in JSP or ASP), we do use
imperative code (e.g., a Java fragment in a JSP page).

I think, saying that imperative programming will completely vanish in
near future may not be correct.

Imperative programming is needed for some lower level tasks. For e.g.,
1. File handling
2. Network programming
3. Implementing distributed programs
4. Implementing multi-threaded applications

These are just some of the examples which come to my mind, which
require imperative programming.

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi