ANN: Krextor 0.3 (XML --XSLT--> RDF extraction framework)

Dear all,

  there is a new version of the XML->RDF extraction framework Krextor (0.3) at
http://kwarc.info/projects/krextor/.  Now, some less obscure input and output
formats are supported, most notably RDFa as input, and the somewhat
human-readable Turtle (similar to N3) as output.  RDFa is for semantic
annotation of XHTML, but Krextor also makes it easy to integrate RDFa into
other host languages.

Other news:
 * literal XML shorthand syntax for defining simple XML->RDF extraction rules
 * shell script frontend
 * convenient and efficient Java integration (using XOM and Saxon)

Krextor is an extensible XSLT-based framework for extracting RDF from XML,
supporting multiple input languages as well as multiple output RDF notations.
Krextor provides convenience templates that try to do “the right thing”™ in
many common cases, as to reduce the need for manually writing repetitive code.

If you want to give it a try for your XML language or microformat, I'd be
happy to support you in doing so.

BTW: In an older discussion on this list I got some good feedback from you
about different programming languages than XSLT, which I could consider for a
reimplementation of Krextor.  For now, I'll stick to XSLT, but I'm always
interested in looking at alternatives; see
https://trac.kwarc.info/krextor/wiki/DevelopmentNotes for a summary.

Cheers,

Christoph

--
Christoph Lange, DERI Galway/Jacobs Univ. Bremen, http://kwarc.info/clange

This is a digitally signed message part.