Re: [xml-dev] XML design for workflow management?

Roger--

You talk about "workflow management data vice content data" and
present two approaches as if it's a given that these are two kinds of
data that (a) are easily separable and (b) need to be separated.
Could you amplify on your example to explain this?  Personally, I'd
wonder about doing this separation, because it means your document
design reflects the requirements of a single workflow.   Suppose there
are multiple workflows that would process the claim at various times?
How would you do the separation then?  Or suppose the workflow(s)
change(s) so as to require different routing data?   How many
different documents do you want to have to change?  Also, you seem to
assume that the workflow software only needs to access the workflow
data, and the "tasks" only need to deal with "content" data.  But I
can easily imagine a "task", not just the workflow software, wanting
to look at, for example, location data.  What happens to your
scenarios if something like that is required?

--Frank