Re: [xml-dev] The string datatype is an anti-datatype [was: The meaning of the "string" datatype?]

I understand that we could label anything that does not fit into any
established type definition as "xs:string", however I doubt this is

One reason is that any string is equivalent to a sequence of integers:

which is quite typed, isn't it?

Probably, we should not speak about "anti-type", but about the "most
primitive" datatype (in the sense that any other can be
derived/expressed from it).

And the most primitive datatype in any type system clearly is:

Dimitre Novatchev
Never fight an inanimate object
you're doing is work or play