RE: [xml-dev] Here's what I've learned over the last several months about workflow, document-based designs, and system design

>I do not think it is possible to XMLize everything as it means that all
possibly needed data treatments and data sources have been identified and
standardized in order to be triggered in a declarative way.

It's certainly possible to XMLize everything, though I accept it may not
always be the ideal solution.

>What about somebody who wants to use another data language like JSON in
order to interact with its Ajax GUI ?
I think XProc should let the door open to a java written step, providing a
class we could extend in order to write a special
transformation step.

That's what general-purpose scripting languages like TCL are for. XProc
surely is specifically for XML pipelines?

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/