Re: [xml-dev] XML based slide show

Hello Dan,
> I've been to several XML 200x meetings and I have seen a number of
> people using "slides" generated from XML and presented in a web
> browser. Is there a common set of tools that have been developed for
> this, or are people rolling their own?
>
> If you know of any source for an application like this please let me
> know.
I'm using my own tool. In fact, the same tool can be used for dynamic
web sites (such as http://www.agencexml.com) or just "slides" (such as
http://www.agencexml.com/xsltforms-slideshow).

It's based on XML models and replacements of any element accessed by an
id. XSLT instructions are embedded to construct the dynamic parts. For
that, I have written in PHP 5 (so web hosting is not a problem) my own
engine to interpret such an XML format.

I'm now thinking of an XForms capable version... and of an XRX
application to manage slides from different slideshows.

Best regards,

Alain Couthures
<agenceXML>
Bordeaux, France