RE: [xml-dev] XML schema - multiple import of module

Thanks Michael,

Thanks also to George, with essentially the same solution, and to Lech
for suggesting NVDL.

Having two schemas that import each other still seems kind of circular,
but better than my rickety chain of imports, and XMLSpy allows it.

The reason for using xs:redefine was that I want a <p> in a 'main.xsd'
document to be allowed to contain certain other elements defined only in
main.xsd itself.

The bigger picture is that we have a 'core' set of structural elements
(paragraphs, titles, typographic elements, etc.) included in various
other DTDs (for legal documents, chapter-based books, A-Z reference,
etc.). I need the model of <p> (from the core set) to be slightly
different in each of the including DTDs, and am looking for a way of
expressing this in XML Schema.

I chose the xs:redefine element because it corresponded to the way the
old DTD was defined.

Maybe I need to have a separate <p> element in the including schemas, in
a separate namespace from the core <p> element, and extending its model.

Thanks again for all the suggestions!

Regards,

Mark