Re: [xml-dev] generate common xml shema from multiple xml instances

Hello

I do not think such a tool exists. If you want to build it yourself, you may generate the XSD from the first XML and then use a validator which uses the "derivative algorithm". Such an algorithm is described there : http://www.thaiopensource.com/relaxng/derivative.html
What you have at the end of the validation is the piece of the schema which has not been found in your XML instance, and the current XML node is what has not been found in the schema. So what you have to do is to adapt the piece of the schema to the XML node. I think that would be a lot of work, but that is interesting and useful for sure.
To see the derivative algorithm of the link above in action :
http://debeissat.nicolas.free.fr/relaxng.php

Regards
Nicolas