Wikipedia on XML

I stumbled into Wikipedia's XML entry today and it's terrible.
Sprawling, badly-organized, full of inessentials including some
nonsense.

I'm going to invest a few hours part-time in coming weeks in trying to
make it smaller and cleaner.  There are some related articles that
need to be written, like maybe one on data formats for interchange
purposes (sequester the whole boring XML vs JSON vs YAML vs S-exps
over there).  Based on early efforts, I smell the possibility of edit
wars; there's one gentleman who's defending an assertion, in the 2nd
paragraph of the intro, that s-expressions are isomorphic to XML but
no other data formats are, sigh.

If anyone wants to help, or to join a discussion on how the article
should be structured, that'd be nice.  I guess the place to discuss
would be on the article's Talk page?

  -Tim