Re: [xml-dev] Wikipedia on XML

On 09/08/09 11:38, Pete Cordell wrote:
> Original Message From: "Tim Bray"
>
>> I think that's accurate but it feels kind of long and klunky. Anyone got
>> any polish to apply? -T
>

> Here's another bid:

I like the approach, not quite 50,000 feet, but pretty high.
(I think it still needs Tims 'one liner' for what is XML
in addition to this)

> Although originally designed to represent documents with associated
> mark-up,
> XML's use has expanded to include representing computer languages and
> arbitrary data.

+3. good point Pete.
Or does this presume the reader assumes XML was for representing
documents? Lens and Mike Kays point well taken on my part.

> Other specifications in the XML family define languages for manipulating
> XML
> (XSL), defining the valid format of application specific data represented
> using XML (DTD, XML Schema, Relax NG), and linking a referencing other XML
> documents and fragments (XPath, XLink, XInclude etc.)

Good addition if linked to W3C?

regards

--
Dave Pawson