RE: [xml-dev] Yahoo! Tech article on injunction against MS Word

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 17:41:13 -0500, Len Bullard wrote:
> We really need to find a copy of the SGML systems still extant.  One gets
> tired of the patent disputes.  We depend too much on the web for resources
> and forget the design history of our technology predates the web.

Uh.  Probably something that needs to be done; possibly true that folks
forget.

Relevant to the current case?  Doubtful.  It's the eastern district of
Texas.  You could patent ice cream there.  Or bread.  When judges in
appeals circuits start making jokes from the bench (they have),
credibility of such cases, regardless of merits, drops to nil.

Amy!
--
Amelia A. Lewis                    amyzing {at} talsever.com
Money can't buy happiness, but poverty can't buy *anything*.