Re: [xml-dev] Word of the day: upconversion

Hi Roger,
   upconversion is a *process* for converting unstructured text to
structured data (like, XML).

The prose (a) and XML (c) (that you mentioned in your post) represent
the input and output of the upconversion process.

But, XPath expression (b) is a kind of program/instruction to retrieve
data from an XML document. The XPath expression, you have written in
point (b) when applied to some larger XML, may return an XML fragment
like, your point c).

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi