Re: [xml-dev] Pragmatic namespaces

Micah Dubinko wrote:
> Thanks for your response, Henri. My goal is to get people thinking
> about the issues, and in that regard the proposal seems to have
> marginally succeeded.
Admitedly, I'm coming to this late. In the new proposal, how do we
handle to grammars that have the same element name and are used in the
file? (i.e.)

<pre:element>

<fix:element>

If they are both are just element, how do we tell them appart?

I'm not seeing a way to handle element naming colision?  Unless we are
specifying, using pre.element, fix.element, which resolves to the full
path.   If this is the case, you aren't solving one of the biggest
issues that people have outside of the XML community, it's verboseness,
it's just adding to it.   It's why one of the factors that leads to
people prefering YML, JSON, and even custom DSLs over XML usage.
While not perfect, I don't see a huge issue with the current XML
Namespaces 1.1 spec that needs to be solved.  Maybe because I'm so used
to using it daily for building B2B messages.

Dave