From: Koya, Suresh (Suresh Koya) [mailto:suresh.koya@hp.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2009 10:15 AM
To: Mukul Gandhi; Simon St.Laurent
Cc: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: RE: [xml-dev] XML not ideal for Big Data

I  too agree with you. I guess the idea which started the markup movement
was to make data human readable along with being machine readable. Someone
should probably think once before XMLizing a 50 MB size stream, if any
average person(I cannot) can read through a 50 MB document. The parsers are
meant to be human interpreters for machines and optimized(fast) xml parsers
are like speed readers. In this aspect the machines could be as
(in)efficient as us. That is why the parsers limitation on data size always
looked good to me.

By the way, was there any information which tells what is the reasonable
file size which a person can read trough and understand? I found some
useless information from a google search or my google search criteria is
inefficient. Whatever..

/Suresh
This is my own thought and the company I work for has nothing to do with it.