Re: [xml-dev] unobtrusive namespaces and imaginary namespaces

> The attribute points to a "namespace definition".
> ISO DSRL might give a way to rename elements, and if that was
> supported by Web browsers and XML processors, if would be
> another approach.

The advantage of Liam's idea for this application is that it allows, in
effect, a backdoor for "document types" to come back in.

This is something that is plaguing our production process here at the
moment. We end up with documents with a whole lot of namespaces, whether
they actually need them or even potentially need them during a pipeline.
The client is a large government agency and the data goes through multiple
stages of augmentation and rearrangement before being transformed into
other languages in a multitude of publications.

Without an idea of document type (or even namespace bundle) there is no
systematic support for inline representation of what is going on in the
document. And the need for parallel out-of-band information is the death
of pipelines.

Any chance of adding to the NSD a list of allowed top-level elements?

And isn't there a similarity with what you propose and WSDL?

Cheers
Rick Jelliffe