Re: [xml-dev] Serialization of XDM

Hello David,
   I think, I agree with you, that it's a good idea to be able to
serialize an XDM instance into some form. I would prefer an XML format
for the serialized XDM instance. i.e, perhaps we could define a XML
Schema for XDM serialization format.

But I am keen to know, what could be useful use cases, for XDM
serialization? I can think of interoperability of XDM instances
between vendros, as on the use cases for XDM serialization. But would
this really give some/any value to users (say query[XQuery] and
stylesheet[XSLT] writers)?

It seems to me, XDM serialization is like aiming to go to mars at this
point of time :)

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi