Re: [xml-dev] Serialization of XDM - Use cases / Proposal

> My opinion is that if I'm going to have to parse "(" and "," I'd rather be
> parsing "<wrapper> ... </wrapper>" at least I wouldn't have to write a new
> (if even simple) parser and can simply read it as XML.

With brackets and commas you can just parse out the values, at least
with XML you can take advantage of dynamic dispatch and import
precedence of XSLT, for example to easily modify any standard
parser/serialiser stylesheets you come up with...  Basically XML seems
ideal for this.

> For example I would
> like to provide a 'sample implementation' of the serialize and parser
> written in pure XQuery as an additional way of describing the format besides
> prose.

XQuery, oh well :)  at least it will be simple enough to also have an
XSLT equivalent...

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com