Re: [xml-dev] Serialization of XDM - Use cases / Proposal

Ouch.  If this cant be done in xquery syntax then my goal of de-serializing an XML representation using a XQuery example implementation is out the door.

Here's my best shot ...

attribute
   { fn:QName( "U" , "P:N" ) }
   { my:IdType( "S" ) }    (: wont work will it :( :)

Ok I admit I'm totally stumped.  *IS* there a way to re-animate this example using XQuery (or XSLT?)  ?
I have a feeling that my goal of providing a reference implementation in XQuery will be impossible.  Not even sure how to get element type information re-animated.

David A. Lee
dlee@calldei.com
http://www.calldei.com
http://www.xmlsh.org
812-482-5224

Michael Kay wrote:
15B6118AB8C34D1A9F3E46E622347CC8@Sealion" type="cite">
Why not writing it directly as a native XQuery sequence ?

How would you serialize a parentless attribute node having local name N,
prefix P, namespace URI U, whose string value is "S", whose isID property is
true, and whose type annotation is my:idType?

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/
http://twitter.com/michaelhkay