Re: [xml-dev] Serialization of XDM

Michael Ludwig schrieb:
> Michael Kay schrieb:

>> I think we are looking for a format that allows you to cross
>> implementation boundaries.
> Yes, but if I remember correctly (not sure I do, actually), a
> motivation for this quest was efficiency in a pipeline, which
> precludes an XML round-trip.

I may have confused this thread and another one, where one Pavel
Minaev made a contribution on the .NET implementation featuring
an IXPathNavigable interface that I found very interesting:

[xquery-talk] Tool development: by Perl-wrapped XQuery

Those ideas aren't about serialization. Still, they're good.

Michael Ludwig