RE: [xml-dev] Does DTD allow deriving all possible paths in an XMLdocument?

One other point: you need to know what the root element type is. Technically
this is not part of the document type definition (=DTD), rather it is part
of the document type declaration. The two are often (understandably)
confused.

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/