Re: [xml-dev] Failed XML standards

Simon St.Laurent wrote:
> At this point, personally, I'd drop coverage of XLink and XPointer.  A
> paragraph seems reasonable.
> XInclude does get use in back-end processing, so I'd leave it in, most
> likely - at least as a sidebar in the entity processing section.  It
> doesn't require a huge amount of space to explain in any case.
I'd have to concur, unless the book is about XBRL, which is unique in
making very heavy (if misguided) use of XLink.

XInclude is such a simple specification that it's handy to have the
standard around when you need such a mechanism. Also, it's trivial to
implement in XSLT 2.0.[1]

Evan Lenz

[1] http://lenzconsulting.com/namespaces-in-xslt/#inherit-namespaces