From: Jim Tivy [mailto:jimt@bluestream.com]
Sent: Sunday, November 15, 2009 6:31 PM
To: 'Len Bullard'; Tim.Bray@Sun.COM; 'Mukul Gandhi'
Cc: 'G. Ken Holman'; xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: RE: [xml-dev] XML spec and XSD

Len

I think schemaless processing of XML is **ONE** reason to get rid of the DTD
(element,attr decls) from the XML spec.  There are likely a set of other
reasons - another reason being a concern of being inclusive of all schema
languages with respect to XML validation - eg: factor out the notion of
validity from core XML spec.

I am not sure how to deal with your modelling of designers/programmers or
"Facts are" statements - makes my brains fall out - however I am not sure
you want those addressed.

However, I think it **valid** that you pointed out the importance of
validation.

Jim