Re: [xml-dev] An inquiry into the nature of XML and how itorientsour perception of information

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 12:22:18PM +0530, Mukul Gandhi wrote:
> As I understand about XML, it is a markup language, using which we can
> design either data (please see, how I describe data above), or say a
> programming language (in which case, the XML markup cannot be
> considered a data, but an executable program, say an XSLT program).

If I write an XSLT stylesheet that takes an XSLT "program" as
input and makes an SVG visualisation of the calll graph,
the input XSLT stylesheet is treated as data.

Program and data are not mutually exclusive.

Liam

http://www.holoweb.net/~liam/ * http://www.fromoldbooks.org/