RE: [xml-dev] An XML language for describing file attributes of adirectory tree?

> Note that the information available varies widely between
> different sorts of file system and different operating
> environments - e.g.
> Microsoft Windows and MS-DOS (like CP/M) have a "hidden"
> attribute; on Unix the convention is that names starting with
> a dot are not shown by default.

And of course there are "real" operating systems, sadly becoming forgotten,
that will tell you the actual layout of the records in the file in a form
resembling a COBOL data description. We seem to have moved backwards in the
last 30 years.

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/