Re: [xml-dev] Where does the term "element" come from?

I am going to guess that since GML got it's Ideas from GCA GenCode in
the early to
mid 60's, which eventually lead to the formation of the SGML group.
that the Graphics
industry would use Element in a lot of area's.

Still trying to find early specs from that time period.   But will
probably some dead tree
searching to find that time period of info.  Element did exist in the
Original GML timeframe
of the late 60's.

Douglas