Re: [xml-dev] xlink 1.1

Michael Kay wrote:
> This seems a silly attitude. Clearly XLink success is not overwhelming, but
> there are users in areas like XBRL, so you can't describe it as being dead.
> And just because the community is small doesn't mean it's not worth doing
> some simple maintenance to keep the spec up to date.

If I was convinced the maintenance had any practical impact, I might
talk less about zombies and necromancers.  I'm sure there are a couple
of specs that will upgrade to note XLink 1.1, but I expect the actual
impact on the software world will be unnoticeable, even in the few
places that use it.

But hey, sure, it's the kind of exciting project that standards
organizations are good at.

--
Simon St.Laurent
http://simonstl.com/