Re: [xml-dev] xlink 1.1

David Carver wrote:

> If it fits a niche for a particular segment it will survive and
> evolve.   Just because it doesn't make mass adoption to where the common
> programmer knows about it doesn't necessarily mean it isn't a success.
> All to often we evaluate the success by how wide spread it is, not by
> how well it may do its job when it's needed.

That's not the kind of development that the W3C is renowned for...
though it could be interesting to catalog which W3C specs turned out to
reach only niches.

And I fear that it's hard to catalog how well XLink does its job in
places where it's needed - many of the places where it might have been
needed chose other approaches to hyperlinking.

--
Simon St.Laurent
http://simonstl.com/