Re: [xml-dev] To namespace or not to Namespace ....

Michael Kay wrote:
> I agree, it's much easier to say what's wrong with the current design than
> to propose something better. Though I don't think it would be hard to design
> something better if backwards compatibility were not a constraint.

I'm still not convinced we need to forfeit backwards compatibility to
improve namespaces :)

(Although, since I started lurking, I've realized that in addition to
what I wrote in my proposal, it should also allow local names, the same
way you can use "using std::cout" in C++.)

-Rick-