Re: [xml-dev] RE: Declarative programming requires a different mindset

When I got my first Postcript printer in my office where I worked at a
university in the 80's I was so excited.
I treated it as a second computer.  Since the only useful output had to
be printed (you could get some error diagnostics on the serial port ...)
I used to to experiment with fractal algorithms producing all sorts of
nifty printable output  based on recursive functions.  Sometimes it
would run for 30 minutes or more for one page.  I was so happy at the
time that I was able to offload all this computation to the printer.
But not many people do this, you are right they use it to format one-off
prints just like HTML.

David A. Lee
dlee@calldei.com
http://www.calldei.com