Re: [xml-dev] RE: Declarative programming requires a different mindset

A side question; is declarative and / or functional complete
programming taught much in universities these days, or is it still all
OO / Java / .Net (and the odd Lisp class so the prof can pat himself
on the back, but without releasing Lisp's potential on to the
students, not that I'm going by my own experiences, nosirree)?

University of Maryland College Park's CS program still requires the survey of programming languages class ("Organization of Programming Languages") for CS Majors.

The language choices are up to the professor, but functional languages like
ML and Prolog were included when I was there. I wouldn't be surprised if XSL showed up there today.

Liz