Re: [xml-dev] How to open XML file that reference entity resolver (DTD)

> Second, use an XML Catalog for this. You'll need the DTD for
> XML processing if you try to use entities like é that
> are defined in it.
> Third, you could turn off valdation, probably with something like
> SAXBuilder.setValidating(false);
> Or, set the Java property http://xml.org/sax/features/validation
> to false.

As far as I know, that just turns off the yes/no validation aspect,
the DTD is still always fetched just in case its needed for entity
expansion and defaulted values (even if there are none)... that was
the case a few years back anyway.

Andrew Welch
Kernow: http://kernowforsaxon.sf.net/