Re: [xml-dev] memory efficiency of xslt wrt to element and attributenames?

I believe most decent processors will "intern" the element names so they
are not duplicated in memory.
Simply making element names longer only makes the serialized text format
longer, not the in memory format (by much).

Now the serialized text format can be important when transmitting the
XML text file across some boundry (or disk space),
as well as the time it takes to originally parse it (number of disk
bytes read & size of string compars etc).

David A. Lee
dlee@calldei.com
http://www.calldei.com
http://www.xmlsh.org