Re: [xml-dev] hackable xml

I dont see why comments would make this not work.  xed is a fully XML
aware app.
It would *delete* comments from inside <foo> but not other comments ,
and it wouldn't mistake a <foo> inside comments from one outside comments,
Guess it depends what "do the right thing" means.  But as stated, it
should fine in the presence of comments.
In this particular case the only 'failure' I see is that *:foo matches
any namespace. which is *probably fine* but maybe not.
to do this fully right you'd have to declare the name space first ...

$ xmlsh
$ declare namepace a=http://somecomp.com
$ xed -m 'a:foo' -r newValue <{a}
<config xmlns="http://somecomp.com";>