Re: [xml-dev] hackable xml

Original Message From: "Amelia A Lewis"

>> 4. Encoding must be UTF-8 (or some similar rule: its to remove the
>> potential mismatch between the encoding in the prolog and the actual
>> encoding)
>
> "   "
>
> Oh, hell, let's just make 'em all use ASCII, why not?

What real benefit do you get by allowing people to use UTF-16 LE/BE,
Shift-JIS, EBCIDIC etc?  The benefit doesn't seem to justify the cost to me.

Pete Cordell
Codalogic Ltd
Interface XML to C++ the easy way using XML C++
data binding to convert XSD schemas to C++ classes.
Visit http://codalogic.com/lmx/ or http://www.xml2cpp.com
for more info