Re: [xml-dev] hackable xml

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 8:28 AM, David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk> wrote:

> sure (although don't get me started on the 5th edn [1]:-) but presumably
> there was some constituency  asking loud enough for EBCDIC flavoured line
> endings in XML for the core WG to attempt to add them in 1.1.

As near as I've ever been able to determine there was not, nor was
there for any of the other changes in 1.0.5 or 1.1. This seems to have
been a process that went off the rails and got hijacked by a few group
members who felt very passionately about some issues that were
completely irrelevant in practice. :-(

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold
elharo@ibiblio.org