Re: [xml-dev] Who is using Genericode for expressing code lists?

At 2010-07-30 08:08 -0400, Costello, Roger L. wrote:
>I need to get a sense of who is using Genericode [1]. Do you know
>who is using it?
>
>/Roger
>
>[1]
><http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/cd-genericode-1.0/doc/oasis-code-list-representation-genericode.pdf>http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/cd-genericode-1.0/doc/oasis-code-list-representation-genericode.pdf

The current specification of OASIS Genericode 1.0, used to define
code lists, is always at:

   http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/genericode/

... which today is a copy of the Committee Specification (CS01) not
the Committee Draft (CD) that you cite.

The OASIS Context Value Association (CVA) 1.0 specification, used to
specify where in XML documents OASIS Genericode 1.0 code lists are
applied, subset and extended, is always at:

   http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/ContextValueAssociation/

... which today is a copy of the Committee Specification (CS01).

OASIS UBL 2.0 uses it and you can find all the Genericode files here:

   http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.0-update/cl/gc/

Draft UBL 2.1 uses it and you can find both the Genericode and
Context/Value Association files in this ZIP package:

   http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=38804

Stylesheets for rendering Genericode files standalone as HTML and
Context/Value Association files (including referenced Genericode
files) as HTML are found here:

   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/resources/ubl/#codess

Stylesheets for translating a Context/Value Association file and its
referenced Genericode files into a single XSLT stylesheet (using ISO
Schematron) are found here:

   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/resources/ubl/#cva2sch

There is a community developer list for users of Genericode and
Context/Value Association files (and future work products of the
OASIS Code List Representation (CLR) Technical Committee) at:

   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/clr-dev/
   http://www.oasis-open.org/mlmanage/

... sadly, word has not spread much regarding the developer list so
it hasn't been very active at all.  Perhaps genericode is too easy to
use!  Hopefully with your post, Roger, there will be more interest in
the developer list where people can ask questions and share
experiences of working with these OASIS specifications.

Genericode is the brainchild of Tony Coates, and he has been using it
on other projects but I don't know where.

I hope this helps.

Chairman - OASIS Code List Representation Technical Committee

--
XSLT/XQuery training:   after http://XMLPrague.cz 2011-03-28/04-01
Vote for your XML training:   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/x/i/