RE: [xml-dev] [Summary] Who is using Genericode for expressing code lists?

Thank you Roger for the summary.

Additional information on Genericode deployment, incl. the New Zealand Education Sector and MXV (Model-driven XML Vocabulary) can be found at

From: Costello, Roger L. [mailto:costello@mitre.org]
Sent: Saturday, 31 July 2010 11:45 p.m.
To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: [xml-dev] [Summary] Who is using Genericode for expressing code lists?

Hi Folks,

Thanks Ken, Betty, Juerg, DW, and Tony for your excellent inputs!

Here's what I learned about who is using Genericode:

OASIS Universal Business Language (UBL) uses Genericode and you can find all the Genericode files here (click on any of the folders to see lots of Genericode files):

The National Archives and Record Administration (NARA) uses Genericode and you can find a description of how they are using it here:

The New Zealand Education Sector is using Genericode. (Juerg can you provide a URL to where people can get more information?)

There is a community developer list for users of Genericode at:

I looked through some of the list posts. Here are a few posts from people using Genericode:

Paul Spencer writes:

    I have implemented over 50 bi-lingual (English / Arabic)

    code lists for a government using genericode.

Linda van den Brink writes:

    The Cadastre in the Netherlands is using Genericode

Jan Dvorak writes:

    We just finished basic support for Genericode in the DataSink

    project ( http://sf.net/projects/datasink/ ). Given a JDBC

    ResultSet, DataSink saves it as a Genericode code list. It can

    take several such ResultSets and put them as Genericode XML

    files in a zip archive.

In an email to me, Tony Coates reports that FpML and by UN/CEFACT uses Genericode. (Tony can you provide URLs to where people can get more information?)

The current specification of OASIS Genericode 1.0 is at: